Lunchtime Supervisor Vacancy
Shield Road Primary School is looking to appoint a reliable and friendly person to join our team of experienced and enthusiastic Lunchbreak Supervisors. The principal of this role is to ensure the safety, general welfare and proper conduct of pupils during the lunchtime break period and to assist with the basic cleaning and general duties in and around the dining area. Some lifting of chairs and tables will be required on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will need to be well-organised, flexible and willing to work closely with colleagues and to interact with all pupils to build good relationships. We are looking for someone who is keen to extend play opportunities for all pupils at lunchtime either in the playground or in the classrooms during wet weather.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Start date : 1st September 2022
- Term-time only, 6 hours and 15 minutes per week, Monday to Friday, hours are between 45am – 1.15pm (depending on which lunchbreak is being covered – to be discussed at interview).
- A fixed term contract until 31st August 2023 subject to staffing requirements and budgetary considerations position.
- Salary – HAY 13 – pro rata to £18,562 per annum.
- A positive and welcoming environment within a diverse community.
- A friendly, happy school - judged as Good by Ofsted in March 2018.
- A hard working team of staff.
- Well behaved children who are eager to learn and play.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A keen eye for detail.
- A knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and
- Flexibility and a sense of humour.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Please contact the school on 01454 867185 for an application form and further details.
Closing date: Friday 8th July 2022 at 12 noon