Redwood Class 2021-22
Miss Bowe and Mrs Williamson
TERM 1 20/21
It has been so lovely having Redwood class back together. We've made a great start to year 6 already.
Take a look at out curriculum newsletter to see what we will be learning this term.
We are looking forward to starting our Victorians unit in History.
Term 1 Spellings
Below are the spellings for the term start from week 1 please. There will be a spelling test every week on a Thursday afternoon. Please encourage your child to practice their spellings several times during the week. These will support them in their written work this year along with revision for their SATS spelling test in May - which will test them on 20 spellings across all of their learning.
- Year 6 will have SATS assessment in the summer term this year see below for more information. It's important they revise little and often throughout the year and have good attendance this year.
- If Year 6 are not yet confident and fluent with their tables 12x12, then please continue to practice these as this is an essential skill in maths.
- PE will be on a Thursday afternoon. Due to the current situation, children will need to wear their kit into school. Please ensure your child will be warm enough as they will be outside for break times and lunch times.
We are working towards our SATs this year so please help your children to revise.
SATs – 9th – 12th May 2022
- Monday May 9th 2022: Spelling, punctuation and grammar (Grammar/Punctuation Test) – 45 minutes
- Monday May 9th 2022: Spelling, punctuation and grammar (Spelling Test) – 20 minutes
- Tuesday May 10th 2022: Reading Test – 60 minutes
- Wednesday May 11th 2022: Maths Paper 1 (Arithmetic) – 30 minutes
- Wednesday May 11th 2022: Maths Paper 2 (Reasoning) – 40 minutes
- Thursday May 12th 2022: Maths Paper 3 (Reasoning) – 40 minutes
- Writing –Teacher assessed
Children receive scaled scores and a level:
Has not met expected level
Pride Points this year will be on Class Dojo