We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible and committed Teaching Assistant to provide general classroom support in Key Stage 1.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of providing good quality phonics sessions to pupils.
- Has a patient and empathetic nature.
- Is committed to high standards of care.
- Is able to communicate well with children, parents/carers, school colleagues and lead professionals.
- Has excellent organisational skills.
- Has good IT skills.
- Has effective management strategies.
- Has experience of working with vulnerable pupils.
In return, we can offer the successful candidate:
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved and motivated pupils.
- Friendly and highly motivated staff, governors and parents/carers who are committed to high standards.
- A well-resourced learning environment.
- A range of professional development opportunities.
Shield Road Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Closing Date for Applications: 12 noon on 19th March.
Start Date: 9th April - 31st August